Friday, April 23, 2010

Conquered - Painter's Block

I read a few other artistic blogs, not many four or five. On one blog concerning an artist's rework of a canvas I read the words “Rethink, Revise, Reshape and Resolve”. I have been going through a horrendous seven weeks of no painting, no drawing, nothing connected to producing artwork.

I posted these words on my refrigerator and see them daily.

Happy to say with these words, and the encouraging words of another artist friend I have retrieved paint brushes from hiding and am again painting.

The attached painting is not the best I’ve done, but it is a new beginning. Had I known it was this easy I would have started six weeks ago. This is a seldom-visited scene by tourists; a view of Lake Huron’s sand dunes in April with willows bursting their furry blossoms….the pussy willows. A rainy, wet, cold spring day that left only my footprints in the sand. Hope you enjoy.

This painting is linked to my other blog:-
Lessons on Giving

1 comment:

  1. Well you know how I feel about this one. LOL The title really should be footprints in the sand but we will agree to disagree it is still a great painting and glad to see you back with the brushes. At last. It is better than my first attempt after being away from it.

    ReplyDelete