Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Upside Down Painting

This painting has been hanging upside down on my studio wall since January.  I painted it and wasn't too impressed.  The old homestead is as it stands today on a forgotten northern road near Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and is reminiscent of house structures during the 40s and 50s....either 'clapboard' or 'insul brick' siding.   I had originally planned a sepia type painting and somehow got sidetracked into an autumn scene.

After a few days contemplation I applied a thin orange glaze to the entire canvas.  Still not being happy I applied another thin orange glaze; hoping to tie all elements together.  And then  in disgust proceeded to hang upside down planning to paint out the image entirely.

Recently I decided to take another look.   This is the end result.  Still don't know if it works, but for now, this is it.


PS - I will only be posting twice weekly to this blog. 

Visit my other blog where I talk about turning points and identities; a personal journey through life:-
High School Prom

No comments:

Post a Comment