Monday, May 3, 2010

Surmounted - A Painting Pothole

This painting is tied to my high school days as it is to an emergence, a growth on a pursued path!

It started out as a landscape with acrylic texture applied to canvas and then painted in oils.  It was totally wiped clean and a second attempt at the same landscape was also wiped clean.  There it sat for several days never emerging into the light of creation!

Then one day while listening to some music and musing I started applying paint in rhythm to the music and...voila, my first abstract.  As I stood back and looked I thought ...."And?".  Thus its title "And.......?"

I don't know if I will ever paint another abstract but was pleased with this result; it may be a road for further exploration.  Like the pranks I left behind in high school, I just may leave landscapes behind and emerge as an abstract artist.  We shall see.

This painting is connected to my other blog:-
High School Dances

1 comment:

  1. Ruby love your high school memories and this is a moody interesting painting..nice

    ReplyDelete